Explanatory notes on the blink code
With the development of the Vario Compact ABS (VCS) WABCO, have made it possible to access blink codes in the ECU using either:
- 1. Normal mode, or
- 2. Expert mode
Normal mode - automatic display without auxiliary equipment with integral LED
The normal mode gives a quick and simple display of the current faults without any auxiliary equipment such as flash code plug or tester. The flash code LED in the ECU starts up immediately a fault occurs. Only the faulty components will be displayed and they can be clearly matched to the figures marked on the ECU casing (see diagram above for reference).
Examples (using Normal mode):
- The LED on the ECU flashes 6 times.
- The faulty components is YE 2 (sensor YE 2).
- Result: The sensor or the cable from socket YE 2 is faulty.
- The LED on the ECU flashes 5 times.
- The faulty components is BU 2 (sensor BU 2).
- Result: The sensor or the cable from socket BU 2 is faulty.
When the fault has been cleared the flash code LED automatically goes out after the ignition has been switched OFF and ON again
For further information on the Wabco Vario Compact system of blink codes, and, in particular, how to access blink codes using Expert mode, please refer to the document:
'Blinkcode of Vario Compact Trailer ABS'.